It's Goldfinch

This is my second post for Thanksgiving. The previous one covers my morning delicacy and I thought due to its festivities the evening deserves a separate post on its own. Trust me it does.

My buddy Hansen was invited to his boss's Non-Turkey Thanksgiving dinner and he invited me as a plus 1. I was very excited since all of my plans for Thanksgiving were deflating one by one as we're getting near to the day. I was actually planning of going to NYC to stay with my cousin but after thorough consideration, I was wise enough not to go ~ due to traffic & cousin taking CFA exam next week. I'm glad I stayed to attend this dinner. 

As I came in to the house, the setting and interior was far from normal. It was very "chic". The kitchen was very modern with a cow leather rug on the center floor. This was uncalled for. I mean, who puts a cow leather rug on the kitchen floor? I know I put the $1.99 floor mat in my kitchen floor. In addition, the wall was colored in yellow. Or should I say "Goldfinch" by Ralph Lauren as he claims it was. Hansen agrees, it was his favorite shade of yellow.

Also, check out the dinner setting.. FANC-EY!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket      Photobucket

Photobucket
The dinner starts with some fresh oysters and champagne. Later with some caviar and crackers. We also had oyster shots with vodka which was served in an ice-molded glass. What a great start!




Photobucket
Before we get in to the main course, I have to tell you that the reason for this dinner was to gather the "international" people that don't really celebrate the traditional American Thanksgiving. Genius. We ended up with 7 people all together ranging from Norway, Singapore, China, Iran, Russia and Indonesia. Very international indeed.

The dinner continues with a home-made lobster bisque which was divine. The lobster chunks were sweet and juicy. The soup was perfectly seasoned without the overpowering lobster/seafood smell which I typically don't appreciate.
Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket
We then move towards the long anticipated main course - the lamb rack with mash potatoes. No veggies! Did he just read my mind or what? This is totally my style. Don't forget the endless red wine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket     Photobucket

Photobucket
We had vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries and blackberries for dessert. 

Photobucket Photobucket


I'd say it was a very nice evening. I had such a great time there enjoying the food and the new people I met.



Photobucket
 The goal at the end of the night is for everybody to learn a little bit of each other's language. 
And that's the cheat sheet!




No comments

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig