Madras Curry

I'm no expert by all means in regards to Indian food, but I do like Indian food once in a while. Their curry is so tasty along with the fresh clay oven naans. Not to mention their spinach and briyanni. Yum.

Anyways, I saw this in the grocery store when I was in Indonesia and I couldn't resist not to buy it.

Photobucket

I bought a couple of them and brought it back here to Delaware. Today, I decided to give it a shot.
Results? Ah-may-zing!

Photobucket

What you need

1 pack of instant Indian Chicken Curry
2 potatoes - cubed
1 large onion - sliced
3 tbsp of vegetable oil (optional)
1 lbs of skinless boneless chicken (i prefer thighs - dark meat)
1 can or 2 cups of coconut milk or milk
1/4 cup of water

What you do

Heat non-stick pot in medium-low heat. Add spice and stir for 1/2 minute
Add onion, chicken and potatoes - stir fry for 3 minutes
Lower heat and the add coconut milk and water - bring to boil
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender
Stir occasionally

Enjoy!

No comments

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig